School policy on employment
Checking for vacancies:
- Senior leadership and Human Resources meet to approve the upcoming year’s staffing structure. (Before the end of the 8th week of the second semester).
- Human Resources are responsible for designing the structure in both languages (Arabic/English)And uploading the approved form for the upcoming year to the drive without names. The Vice-principals will have editing access to add names and vacancies. Supervisors will have viewing access so they can follow up with filling the new structure.
- Human Resources sends out a continuation letter of intent through google forms in both languages at the beginning of the 8th week of the second semester.The end of the 9th week of the second semester is the deadline for sending and gathering the results.
All employees must be urged to respond to the google form. Employees that do not wish to renew their contract must manually sign a letter of resignation in the human resource’s office before the end of the 9th week. Failure to do so will be considered a commitment to renewing the annual contract for the upcoming year.
Vice-principals are notified of the employees who did not fill out the google form or that have manually signed the letter of resignation. The vice-principals are obligated to follow up and close all cases no later than week 11
1.Human resources inform the vice-principals and supervisors of any possible withdraws from their departments through an official E-mail by the end of week 10.
2.The supervisors will review the staffing structure drive for the upcoming year and plan and determine the distribution of teachers in their departments in writing.
3.The supervisors specify the department's needs in writing.
4.The vice-principals and supervisors will meet to review and adjust the distribution, and the meeting will result in the following
- Updating the staffing structure for the upcoming year by the vice-principles according to what was agreed upon.
- A written statement for internal transfer between departments .Dated and signed by both teachers and vise-principals.which will be kept with the vice-principals.
- Highlighting vacancies that need recruitment in red.
5. Human Resources withdraws editing access to the drive from everyone at the end of week 11.
6. Human Resources inventory vacancies ( job title + department).
Advertising and managing job applications:
- Human Resources use official templates , that have been reviewed and reflect the school’s identity.The template should be approved by the school’s leader and the recruitment advisor.(saved as a picture and dated to prevent any tampering)
- Employment advertisement should be published on all possible platforms both locally and internationally before the end of week 12.
- Human Resources will receive applications through the designated email , sort them , then resend them to the supervisors every Monday and Thursday.
- Supervisors allocate time from their weekly schedules to review the applications and nominate the qualified candidates.
- Supervisors allocate time from their weekly schedule to communicate with potential candidates and set test dates ( if necessary)or set interviews and demo lessons.
- The names of potential candidates are uploaded by the supervisors to the recruitment follow up record on the Human Resources’ drive.and follow up updates with the vice-principals.
Candidate screening and selection:
- In the event a written exam is needed the candidates will take them in the supervisor’s office.
- The supervisors contact the candidates who passed the exams to schedule the interviews and demo lessons.
- Supervisors and vice-principals allocate common time for weekly scheduled interviews ( posted in their weekly schedule).
- Supervisors inform the vice-principals if there are any interviews/demo lessons at least one day prior to the appointment via WhatsApp.
- The supervisors and vice-principals attend both the interview and demo lesson , and both ask questions in their respective fields.
- Both the supervisors and vise-principals make the final decisions on accepting candidates. A nomination card is filled out ,dated, and signed by both supervisor and vise-principal. Attached with the candidate’s CV and is kept with the supervisor. It can have one of four possibilities ( unaccepted-possible and looking for a more suitable choice- qualified initiate recruitment procedure- special circumstance to be explained and followed up by vice-principle).
- The supervisors update the employment status on the recruitment follow up record ( on the drive)
- The vice-principal takes the candidate to meet the school leader to discuss any financial or administrative issues.
- Upon completion of the agreement on all details .The vice-principle will receive the accepted and approved candidates documents from the supervisor.They are to then be delivered to the government affairs manager to follow up with the legal employment procedures.
- The vice-principle takes the candidate to the government affairs manager to complete the contract signing procedures , the candidate is given a week to sign the contract and complete the required documents.
- The government affairs manager follows up with the candidates and gives Human Resources daily updates ( who has actually signed the contract and who withdrew their application)
- The vice-principal requests a change in the staffing structure on the drive from Human Resources.
- Human Resources update the staffing structure daily , according to developments, so that everyone is aware of the updates.
CV database management :
- At the end of each employment season , the supervisors will keep copies of potential CVs stapled to the nomination card in a file in their office. They will make sure all candidates statuses are updated on the drive.
Approved by school leader